PHOTO BY PETER SPURRIER
To continue reading…
Register for free to get limited access to the best reporting available.
Free accounts can read one story a month without paying. Register for free
Or subscribe to get unlimited access to the best reporting available. Subscribe
To learn about group subscriptions, click here.
Already a subscriber? Login
New regulations for USRowing-registered regattas have been released including requiring local organizing committees (LOCs) to appoint a “chief health officer” and keeping regattas to singles-only.
Additionally, USRowing requires LOCs to produce a “risk mitigation plan” during the process of preparing for a regatta.
Other guidelines include:
- No team boats should be allowed until social distancing guidelines are lifted.
- Masks should be worn at the venue until athletes are in their respective singles.
- Participation should be limited to local participants with limited overnight travel required.
- Regattas should be limited to one day.
- Limiting attendees.
- Providing adequate space for trailers to allow for social distancing.
Read the full release here.