USRowing has tapped Cal men’s coach Mike Teti to lead the U.S. men’s sweep squad as it prepares for September’s world championships in Sarasota-Bradenton, Florida. The move unites the longtime national team coach with current coach Bryan Volpenhein, who stroked Teti’s eight to Olympic gold in 2004 and bronze four years later in Beijing. According to a June 7 announcement, Teti and Volpenhein will also collaborate with several U.S. collegiate coaches in training and selecting athletes for the men’s four and eight. Teti plans to return to Cal following worlds.
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- 50th San Diego Crew Classic Kicks Off March 31
- The 2024 World Rowing Beach Sprint Finals & Coastal Championships Go to Genoa, Italy
- No. 11 Virginia Hosts ACC-B1G Dual Friday and Saturday
- Sunshine State to Showcase IRA Challengers
- Dad Vail Regatta Organizing Committee Unveils new Jefferson Dad Vail Regatta Website
Comments are closed.