The first worlds after an Olympics is typically a time for experimentation. To wit: the recently announced plan to stage a regional youth regatta during September’s world championships. The Youth Regional Challenge will see the top young talent from USRowing’s six regions racing in “all-star” eights and quads on the same buoyed course national teams will take to. Heats will take place prior to the opening ceremonies on Sept. 23, with finals running at the conclusion of the first day of heats the following day. “This is a really exciting event that will allow each region to showcase its talent on the world stage,” said U.S. junior development coach Steve Hargis.
An All-Star Worlds
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Stanford Women’s Rowing Crowned National Champions at 2023 NCAA Women’s Rowing Championships
- Cal Poly Humboldt and Wellesley win NCAA DII and DIII Rowing National Championships
- 2023 European Rowing Championships Draws to a Close With Fantastic Finishes
- NCAA Rowing National Championships May 26-28
- First European Championships Medals Awarded On Lake Bled
Comments are closed.