Still not convinced rowing has work to do when it comes to universality? Consider this year’s shortlist for FISA’s Thomas Keller Award. All six finalists for the annual award, which celebrates athletes who have had an outstanding career in rowing, hail from either the United States or Great Britain. Among the nominees are U.S. women’s Olympic sweep stalwarts Elle Logan and Caryn Davies, with Britons Andrew Triggs Hodge, Greg Searle, and Kath Grainger also making the cut. This year’s shortlist did break from tradition in one area. For the first time ever, a para-rower is in the hunt: Team GB’s Tom Aggar, a 2008 Paralympic gold medalist.
On the Keller Shortlist
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- 2023 USRowing Youth National Championships June 8-11
- U.S. Boats Advance to First Final at Gavirate International Para Rowing Regatta
- 156th Yale-Harvard Regatta June 9-10
- World Rowing Allows Neutral Athletes Holding Russian and Belarusian Passports for 2023 World Rowing Championships Under Strict Participation ConditionsWorld Rowing Allows Neutral Athletes Holding Russian and Belarusian Passports for 2023 World Rowing Championships Under Strict Participation Conditions
- ‘We had the Guts:’ Cal Golden Bears Emerge as IRA Victors
Comments are closed.