Most athletes take the post-Olympic year off from competition to train at a more leisurely pace. Not Hamish Bond. The two-time Olympic champion and member of New Zealand’s vaunted Kiwi Pair is using his time away from the sport to try his hand in road cycling. And if the early results are any indication, the 31-year-old may be just as dominant on land as he is on water. At the Oceania Championships in March in Canberra, Bond finished an impressive third in the 41-kilometer time trial, just one minute behind defending champion and pro rider Sean Lake.
From Boat to Bike
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- 183rd Henley Royal Regatta Wrapped Up With Two Big Wins for American National Team
- One Last Dance: 2022 Henley Royal Regatta Set for Final Day of Racing
- Semifinals Set at 183rd Henley Royal Regatta
- U.S., International Rowers Shine Bright on Day Three of 2022 Henley Royal Regatta
- Day Two at 2022 Henley Royal Regatta “All About Firsts”