Most athletes take the post-Olympic year off from competition to train at a more leisurely pace. Not Hamish Bond. The two-time Olympic champion and member of New Zealand’s vaunted Kiwi Pair is using his time away from the sport to try his hand in road cycling. And if the early results are any indication, the 31-year-old may be just as dominant on land as he is on water. At the Oceania Championships in March in Canberra, Bond finished an impressive third in the 41-kilometer time trial, just one minute behind defending champion and pro rider Sean Lake.
From Boat to Bike
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- 50th San Diego Crew Classic Kicks Off March 31
- The 2024 World Rowing Beach Sprint Finals & Coastal Championships Go to Genoa, Italy
- No. 11 Virginia Hosts ACC-B1G Dual Friday and Saturday
- Sunshine State to Showcase IRA Challengers
- Dad Vail Regatta Organizing Committee Unveils new Jefferson Dad Vail Regatta Website
Comments are closed.