Simon Fraser University coxswain Iulia Bodnariuc is among the six finalists for FISA’s Fillippi Spirit Award, given annually to university rowers who have demonstrated core values of rowing in their academic and sporting life. As head coxswain, Bodnariuc is responsible for training new coxswains and coaching the novice crews. She also volunteers for Science Al!ve, a British Columbia-based nonprofit that focuses on exposing youth to science, technology, and engineering. This year’s Fillippi Spirit Award saw a record 47 nominations from 20 different countries. The winner receives a new Fillippi eight for their rowing program.
In Good Spirits
More from NewsMore posts in News »
- Day Two at 2022 Henley Royal Regatta “All About Firsts”
- IRA Announces 2022 All-Academic Team
- Florida Institute of Technology Cuts Five Varsity Sports Including Men’s and Women’s Rowing
- One Down, Five to Go: First Day of 2022 Henley Royal Regatta A Success
- USRowing Publishes List of Under 19 National Team Selection Camp Invitees